P. Scott Miller, Jr.
(858) 551-2440 Ext. 325
Scott Miller, a partner at Blanchard, Krasner & French, focuses his practice in the transactional areas of real property, estate planning and administration, taxation and corporate law. Mr. Miller’s real estate practice includes the representation of lenders, developers and investors in all phases of acquisition, financing, development, leasing and disposition of commercial real estate properties. Mr. Miller’s estate and corporate law practice includes trust formation; trust administration; probate; corporate and individual tax planning; limited liability company, partnership and corporate formations. Mr. Miller joined the firm in 2006. Prior to his legal career, Mr. Miller was a financial executive with a REIT advisor, several real estate investment concerns and a diversified agricultural company.
Mr. Miller received his undergraduate degree in finance from the University of Notre Dame, an MBA in finance from Case Western Reserve University and his J.D. degree from Thomas Jefferson School of Law Cum Laude.
Mr. Miller is also a licensed California real estate broker and former chair of the Real Estate Section of the San Diego County Bar Association.
- Represented buyer with respect to CMBS financing of four franchised hotel properties in San Diego, California with nationally recognized lenders.
- Represented lender in the financing of an oceanfront single family project in San Diego, California.
- Represented regional financial institution in long term lease negotiations with national REIT with respect to Class “A” office space in San Diego, California.
- Represented buyer in acquisition and financing of two regional mall pad sites in Hillsborough County, Florida.
- Represented developer in the acquisition and development of a nationally franchised hotel project in San Luis Obispo County, California.
- Represented numerous tenants’ and landlords in office, industrial and retail lease negotiations.
- Represented developer in the repositioning of a retail center in Long Beach, California.
- Represented buyer in the acquisition and financing of nine apartment complexes in Florida and Texas.
- Represented lender in the financing of a single family portfolio located in Macon, Georgia.
- California Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- San Diego County Bar Association
- La Jolla Bar Association